Hunter Boot Limited ("Hunter") and/or any of its international partners, subsidiaries or associated companies ("Hunter" or "we" or "us") take our relationship with all our users seriously, and this includes how we handle the data you give us. Hunter is committed to meeting the requirements of all relevant laws and codes regarding privacy, including the Data Protection Act 1998. Hunter Boot Limited is registered with the Information Commission under registration no Z997974X as a Data Controller.
This Policy sets out the ways we process any personal data collected from you and provided to us via our Website.
Through your use of our Website and Social Media Channels (defined below), and sometimes during visits to our stores, we may collect and process the following information about you:
• your full name, age, date of birth and sex;
• your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details;
• where you have registered a user account with us, your user name and password;
• your communication and shopping preferences;
• your browsing and shopping activities;
• where provided by you, your interests, feedback and survey responses;
• information about the device on which you have accessed the Website, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type;
• your location; and
• correspondence with us.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us through our Website, social media channels or in store but we may also collect it from you where we communicate with you by telephone, post, email or other means of communication. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Hunter websites, and the social media networks (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, You Tube and Snapchat) you participate in ("Social Media Channels").
Where lawful to do so we may also obtain it (or combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals who have indicated you have agreed for them to provide your personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from Hunter, that website may submit to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook or Twitter applications or a similar application or feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, (including personal data) such as details of your friends/connections, "likes", comments you have shared, groups and location. In addition, we may receive information about you (including your personal data) if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends/connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through your friends'/connections´ web page, profile page, or similar page on a Social Media Channel or other third party website or interactive service. We may supplement the information we collect about you directly with the information we receive from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and send you details of promotions and/or offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
We sometimes receive personal data about other individuals from customers who wish to send our products as gifts. In these circumstances, we will process that personal data for the purpose provided, keeping records of doing so in our legitimate interest and to defend against claims and comply with laws.
Hunter may use the personal data set out in section 1 for the purposes described in this Policy.
• to process an order placed via our Website or over the telephone;
• to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
• to enter you in contests and notify you of results;
• to administer our Website and Social Media Channels and personalise content for you;
• for internal record keeping;
• to provide you with information at your request, or as a result of searches undertaken using our Website;
• to provide direct or other marketing that you have requested or agreed to receive or which we are otherwise lawfully entitled to undertake with you as a customer or prospective customer in our legitimate business interest and you have not opted out of receipt of;
• to record your marketing preferences;
• to personalise offers, promotions and advertising provided to you based on our understanding of your browsing and shopping habits or purchase history;
• to register you for certain features on our Website;
• to improve our products and services;
• where necessary as part of any restructuring of Hunter or sale of Hunter's business or assets.
We may also process your personal data for other legitimate business purposes including management analysis, audit, forecasting, business planning and transactions, ensuring our compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, and Hunter policies, and dealing with legal claims and related administrative activities and related records retention requirements. We may also process your personal data to establish or exercise our legal rights and to comply with law enforcement or other government agency requests or court orders.
In addition, Hunter (and those people or companies employed by Hunter who help make our Website, its content and its services) will process and use your personal information in order improve the service we provide enabling us to: speed up your searches, recognise you when you return to the Website, respond to your feedback, respond to problems, and tailor what we do to suit your requirements further.
We may anonymise your personal data and use it for the purposes described above as part of aggregated non personal data for research, statistical and other purposes (such as improving our Website, products and services) or measuring the effectiveness of our advertising.
We may share your personal data with third party companies (such as advertising and marketing agencies, social media agencies, the Social Media Channels, software providers, couriers and outsourced functions such as customer services and third party payment services providers) for the purposes set out in this Policy including for example to complete your order, to facilitate your experience of our Website, enable offers, advertising or other promotional activity or materials about our products and services to be provided to you, to operate competitions and recognition or reward programmes, respond to your queries and / or to provide you with certain services such as aftercare services.
It is worth noting that the Social Media Channels who may provide advertising about our products and services to you may also process some of your personal data in their capacity as data controller (for example when carrying out their own targeted advertising). Therefore, please refer to the privacy policies of the relevant Social Media Channels for further details on how your personal data will be used by them as a data controller (as this Policy only relates to use of your personal data by Hunter and any third party processors it may use). Hunter is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by any Social Media Channels, when acting in its capacity as a data controller.
In addition to third parties set out above, your personal data may also be made available to other third parties (within or outside the Hunter group) providing relevant services to us in relation to our Website. These companies may use information about you only to perform their functions on our behalf.
We may also share your personal data with:
• individuals and/or companies within the Hunter group of companies as required for management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and/or service offering, order or customer request fulfillment and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this policy;
• parties to whom you authorise Hunter to release your personal data; and
• other entities (including actual or prospective buyers and our affiliates) in the event that Hunter is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, reorganization or sale of any of its group company businesses and/or assets on the basis of our legitimate interest to do so, or being required to do so by law.
If you give us consent then we may share your personal data with our partners or subsidiary companies in order that they can contact you with information, promotions, products, services and offers that may be of interest to you.
Cookies can be removed or disabled altogether - see below for further information.
Unless otherwise described we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data in most circumstances set out in section 2 and 3 above.
However, there are circumstances where we require your express consent to process your personal data, these include:
• to provide direct or other marketing by email, telephone, post or Social Media Channels from Hunter and other members of the Hunter group of companies;
• to personalise the Website, social media content, offers, promotions and advertising provided to you by Hunter and its group of companies based on our understanding of your browsing and shopping habits or purchase history and other personal data we collect;
• to disclose your personal data to, or receive personal data from the Social Media Channels to enable this personalisation and delivery of direct marketing described to occur;
• to register you, at your request, for certain features on our Website; and
• the transfer, storage and processing of data at destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") (as set out in section 10 below).
Where we ask you to provide your consent by ticking a box at the point of data collection, we are specifically requesting your permission to process your data as set out in this section 5.
If you register on our Website or make a purchase, we may also contact you by email with further information or updates concerning our products.
Our policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you've received. However, should you experience any problems, please email us to remove your details or call our Customer Service Team who will assist you.
If you have asked us to stop sending marketing emails, and this hasn't happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending them is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email.
Hunter and those people or companies employed or contracted by Hunter who help provide and administer our Website and Social Media Channels, their content and their services, together with all other services set out in this Policy, will process the personal data we collect from you or you provide to us.
We have instituted safeguards to check that our internal procedures meet our high policy standards. We also use all efforts reasonably necessary to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make our Website , Social Media Channels and their contents available to you, and to fulfil your orders and requests, agree to protect personal data that they must access in order to serve our Website and our visitors. We limit access to personal data about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that data to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website and/or Social Media Channels; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The personal data that we collect about you may be transferred to, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") by us or third parties with whom we share your personal data. It may also be processed by employees operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such employees maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. As a consequence, your personal data may not be protected by equivalent data protection laws and you may not have the same rights in respect of use of your data in that country. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We may offer links to third party websites. However, we are not responsible for the content or information collection policies of third party websites. If you visit a third party website, we advise you to review their privacy and other policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to the third party websites.
Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our Website.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs of providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
You also have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you (as noted above).
If you have any questions, wish to access, update or delete information, wish to opt out of receiving future communications, or have questions about this Policy, please contact us online, or at Hunter Boot Limited, 36 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HA, Scotland.